Family Services Coordinator Job Description
Position Title: Family Services Coordinator
Hours: Part-Time (up to 20 hours per week)
Reports to: Executive Director
Consults with: Executive Director and Staff
General Purpose: Manage all aspects of serving our homeowners, including qualifying and training diverse groups of new homeowner candidates and assuring the success of current Habitat homeowners. Ensure that our Affiliate is in compliance with all state and federal regulatory practices regarding loan origination and servicing.
Family Selection (Annual Process- will be completed 9/25 for 2018)
- Oversee operation of Family Selection Committee and family selection process
- Review and evaluate family selection process to assure it is effective and efficient
- Coordinate orientations for prospective families
- Develop strategies to attract qualified applicants within the community
- Coordinate newly selected family’s transition to partnership with Habitat
Family Support Services
- Oversee program that pairs each family with a volunteer who serves as their mentor, liaison, and advocate from selection through homeownership
- Review and update family support related policies as needed for board approval
- Distribute information on community resources, affiliate announcements, construction updates, and other topics necessary to keep families informed as they move through the process of homeownership
- Identify potential obstacles and challenges and plan strategies that empower the families to be successful homeowners
- Conduct and coordinate bi-lingual homeowner education classes to prepare families for homeownership
- Become familiar with the resources within the community, develop partnerships, and facilitate referrals to other available resources for partner families
- Coordinate Groundbreakings and Dedications
- Work with Aspire Homeowners Association
Loan Origination & Mortgage Management
- Serve as the Affiliate’s Qualified Loan Originator (QLO)
- Provide information to and accept applications from prospective partner families
- Process applications, including initial financial requirements. Forward information on to the Family Selection Committee.
- Design a curriculum for the budgeting, HOA, and mortgage document classes and present to partner families
- Coordinate with appraiser and construction manager for timely appraisals
- Coordinate with Purchaser and local Title Company for loan origination; be present at closing
- Assist with Home$tart and other down payment or closing cost assistance grants.
- Maintain homeowner files within the office
- Ensure all necessary documentation is provided to Santiam Escrow for loan servicing
- Work with Bookkeeper to monitor monthly payments and issue delinquent payment notices as needed.
- Work with attorney on any loan modifications, foreclosures or deed in lieu transactions
- Contact homeowners prior to payoff and provide title reconveyance information
- Assist existing and new homeowners with questions regarding property taxes, HOA dues, homeowner’s insurance, and payments
- Assist with Affiliate sponsored special events, including set-up and clean-up as directed
- Complete Loan Originator Compliance Training and State Specific 4-hour NMLS training within first month of employment. Complete annual recertification thereafter.
- Pass Criminal Background and Credit checks.
- Willingness to travel for conferences and training on a limited basis
- Driver’s License
- Fluent in Spanish (preferred).